How do I heat seal a stand up pouch?
Heat sealing gives your customers the ultimate satisfaction that their product is safe and the assurance that their product has never been opened. The bags must have a heat-sealable laminate interior for this process to work. All Copious Bags® products can be heat sealed.
What Do I Need?
- Stand up bags of your choice
- A flat smooth work surface
- A manual heat sealing machine (or check out our other heat sealing article and videos regarding ‘Can I use a flat iron or a household iron to seal a stand-up pouch?’.
Simple & Easy Steps:
- Set the machine to a lower setting and adjust higher if needed*.
- Fill the bag with desired contents (avoid getting any product into zipper area and do not over fill the bag).
- Gently run your fingers across the zipper to close the bag securely.
- Place the top of the filled bag between the seal bars, just “above the tear notches’.
- Press down gently for approximately 2-3 seconds and release.
That’s it! …the pouch now has a finished, tamper-evident seal.
*If the bag does not seal properly, begin to slowly adjust the temperature higher until a complete seal is achieved.
**Heat sealing is an optional feature and is not required to use Copious Bags® stand up pouches as they all have a reclosable zip lock closure.
FREE SHIPPING ALL U.S. ORDERS $149 OR MORE