Can I use a flat iron or a household iron to heat seal Copious Bags® stand-up pouches?
You actually can. However, keep in mind, not all stand up bags are heat-sealable. The bags must have a heat-sealable laminate interior for this process to work. All Copious Bags® products can be heat sealed.
What Do I Need?
- Stand up bags of your choice
- A clean, sterilized flat iron, or household iron
Take look at the video below which demonstrates just how easy it is to use a flat iron to seal stand up pouches. Keep in mind, the use of a flat iron is only recommended for small DIY projects or small runs.
Just as easy as it is to use a flat iron to seal, you may also use a household iron. Take look at the video below which demonstrates heat-sealing using a household iron. Keep in mind, the use of a household iron is only recommended for small DIY projects or small runs. Otherwise, please refer to our how to heat seal a stand-up pouch article.
4 Simple Steps:
- Set the flat iron to a lower setting and adjust higher if needed*.
- Fill the bag with desired contents (avoid getting any product into zipper area and do not over fill the bag).
- Gently run your fingers across the zipper to close the bag securely.
- Place the top of the bag between the paddles of the flat iron “above the tear notches’, press and hold firmly for approximately 5-10 seconds, and release.
Voila! That’s it…the bag has an airtight, tamper evident seal. To learn how to open a stand-up pouch after it has been sealed, take a look at this article.
*If the bag does not seal properly, begin to slowly adjust the temperature higher until a complete seal is achieved.
**Heat sealing is an optional feature and is not required to use Copious Bags® stand up pouches as they all have a reclosable zip lock closure. To seal a large quantity of bags, it is recommended to use a commercial impulse sealer.
FREE SHIPPING ALL U.S. ORDERS $149 OR MORE